How to write a dissertation proposal without errors
A dissertation proposal is a qualifying research work, the successful defense of which presupposes obtaining a Ph.D. degree. Its purpose is one or two of the following tasks:
- Presentation of scientifically grounded developments in the technical, technological, and economic spheres will solve significant applied problems.
- The solution essential for a specific area of expertise.
Writing dissertations implies a clear statement of purpose, which, as a rule, is revealed through the research topic. Before writing a dissertation on his own and quickly, a graduate student must clearly understand in which direction he wants to work.
A topic’s choice is a crucial step that determines the applicant’s entire course of further action. The topic should be interesting for a young scientist, relevant to science, feasible for research. But if you don’t know how to write a dissertation proposal, then fraternize for help in our service for writing dissertations.
Our main task is to provide clients with the necessary assistance in collecting information for work, systematizing it in the desired form, conducting various studies, and describing the results. If a client decides to order a dissertation on our website, we also provide consultations on developing ideas, writing, design of the work, and defense. We are ready to assist with such projects as scientific articles, monographs, abstracts, masters, or dissertation proposal on various subjects.
How to write a dissertation proposal outline to make the job easier?
Any scientific work begins with drawing up a plan. The dissertation plan is drawn up by a graduate student and is subject to mandatory verification and approval by the scientific supervisor. Practice shows that planning by well-known rules accelerates the desired result and simplifies the way to achieve it. Therefore, we decided to explain how to write a dissertation proposal and why a plan is needed:
- A prospectus is optimality, specificity, detail.
- The balance of all elements of the thesis is required among themselves.
- All items are indicated in a logical relationship and sequence with each other.
- For ease of perception, a reasonable size of the item name (7-10 words) is observed.
- Sections, subsections, and topics of the thesis should not be identical. A synonymous row is used for uniqueness.
- A separate section is devoted to local issues of the general section of the work. In this case, moderation and adherence to the scientific style are essential.
- The thesis should consist of 2-4 chapters, with at least two paragraphs in each of them. As a rule, the plan’s standard outline: 3 sections and in each section 3 subsections.
- Planning should always be preceded by a large-scale work with information and bibliographic resources, which allows you to comprehend the existing developments and research areas.
- Drawing up a final version of the plan at the initial stage is virtually impossible. A working version is being formed with complex issues for consideration. The drastic changes in the original version are logical and valid.
When writing your Ph.D. thesis plan, stick to the structure, and stay on track. A dissertation is not an essay on a free topic, so avoid abstract and meaningless phrases. If you have any questions about writing a dissertation plan, we will help you and show you how to do it better.
How to write a dissertation proposal introduction to grab the reader’s attention?
Getting acquainted with the dissertation candidate’s work, not all attestation commission members read his work in full, limiting themselves to the abstract. This increases the significance of the dissertation introduction.
This part of the text is not directly related to scientific research, but it is with it that the work begins. When writing an introduction to the dissertation, the applicant’s main task is a convincing presentation of facts confirming the relevance of the issue or problem being studied.
In the introduction, it is necessary to confirm the issue’s theoretical significance, relying on literary sources and reputable scientists’ works. When issuing a reference, it must demonstrate that the problem has already been studied, but has not been thoroughly considered. The methods for solving it are outdated at the moment.
Then, briefly state the methods of conducting the research or experiment, confirming the discipline’s in-depth knowledge. And finally, indicate the research results obtained and the ways of their practical application.
The introduction to the work of the future candidate of sciences not only has a larger volume but also demonstrates knowledge of the subject area, the ability to find new approaches to solving scientific problems, to prove the need for this discovery or a unique methodology. This section’s total volume is approximately 10 percent of the entire text: 10-15 pages or 3,500-4,000 words.
If you feel severe difficulties in this section’s design, transfer the writing of the work to qualified authors of our company. When fulfilling each order, compliance with the requirements, high uniqueness of the text, and timely introduction of the necessary amendments are guaranteed.
How to write a dissertation proposal literature review in one style?
The literature review is the first chapter of the dissertation, containing data on the state of the scientific problem in which the candidate plans to offer his solution. In terms of content, it is analytical. In the course of work on a literature review, it is necessary to collect information from numerous scientific medical information sources, assess the current trends in the solution, and the degree of study of the topic.
For each type of dissertation, there is a limitation on the volume of the literary review. For a candidate’s scientific work, it is up to 40 sheets of text in printed format, and for a doctoral one – 70-80 sheets. Suppose the volume of work performed exceeds the established norms. In that case, the Higher Attestation Commission members will criticize such a thesis, since the voluminous text indicates the use of other people’s views and ideas.
A high-quality literature review of a dissertation includes:
- correct systematization of a significant amount of sources;
- knowledge and experience in the field of research; author’s criticism of the available achievements of scientists.
Citations in the dissertation must be present, but at the same time, their volume should not exceed 10% of the entire text of the scientific dissertation. It is necessary to indicate the author, article title, and page number by the chosen citation style, APA, ASA, MLA, and others.